Monday, June 8, 2009

Off the Vine for a Wine Tasting

Yes I've still been drinking wine-I've just been a slacker with my blog!! So here goes! Since I've been on a mini vacation from my TV show, GLEE, I was able to actual go wine tasting!!! How exciting! I decided to stay local since I was running in a 5K the next morning. So I went to Off the Vine in San Pedro for their Chilean and Argentinian wines. I paid my $12, got my glass and we started with the whites. Now, I don't really like white wine at all. But I'll stomach a taste of it. I just wanted to get to the reds! I tasted about 8 different wines, my favorite being the 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2005 Malbec from a winery called Barricas in Argentina. I ended up buying a bottle of each! And they were very reasonably priced for being in a "wine store". I've been drinking the Malbec-I find Malbecs very easy to drink and a good everyday wine! This one is no exception, and at roughly $8 a bottle-not to shabby a price! I really enjoy wine tasting. There are SO many places to go wine tasting all over the country. If you haven't checked out this website, Local Wine Events, look at it and sign up for their weekly newsletter-you'll find wine tastings wherever you live.

No comments: