Monday, March 3, 2008

St. Clair Winery Meritage, New Mexico




































I decided to dive into a wine I bought while in New Mexico in November 2007. I was working in a small town called Deming, New Mexico~and like I always do when I travel~ I checked out what the town of Deming had to offer. And to my pleasant surprise, they had a winery with a tasting room! SO of course I felt the necessity to go visit and taste! And taste I did-and wow was I pleasantly surprised! The wines are pretty darn good! I bought about 4 bottles and had them shipped back home. Last night, my dad and I opened my first bottle, the Meritage! And again I was pleasantly surprised. What an easy glass of wine to drink! It is a very nice table wine-that went very nicely with the lasagna and spinach salad we had for dinner!

The Meritage is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc & Merlot grapes. A full-bodied wine with hints of cherry, black currant and dark berries. And at $16 a bottle-it was pretty darn good considering I live in California and am surrounded by great wines!

No comments: