Saturday, February 9, 2008

Greg Norman 2005 Cabernet Savignon


Greg Norman 2005 Cab is actually a California wine-yeah surprise surprise. I've had it a few times-usually I've been out eating dinner or just having drinks. Last night I went out and had 2 glasses of the Cab at $8 a glass (ok it was happy hour so they were only $6 a glass woo hoo!!). The Greg Norman is a nice wine. I smelled a bit of mint and blueberries, didn't taste the mint just smelled it. Unfortunately I didn't pair this with any food-since the bar didn't serve food. It's a nice full bodied wine that was pretty easy to drink. I'm beginning to think I'm just not in a Cabernet mood right now. Because I have had this wine before and really liked it, but last night I was just ok. On a plus side-it was nice getting out of the house and having a glass of wine in a social setting and at happy hour prices. hell going to happy hour is kinda fun!!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Interesting, I didn't know Greg Norman was producing California wines now! I remember having (and enjoying) some of his Australian Shiraz a few years ago. I will have to keep an eye out for this at the store!