Thursday, January 3, 2008

Carhartt 2006 Zinfandel Lockshaw Vineyard Paso Robles Westside


Carhartt Vineyards is a very small vineyard in Solvang, California. The owners, Mike and Brooke Carhartt, have a 10 acre vineyard that has been in their family for years.

Carhartt Vineyards produces a few estate wines from their 10 acre vineyard but also has small-lot wines from different vineyards that are farmed similar to the Carhartt Vineyards. This 2006 Zinfandel is from a small-lot vineyard in Paso Robles.

I opened this bottle last night and allowed it to breathe, in the bottle, just a bit. I'm learning that if I start drinking it as soon as I open it I miss it's true taste! So breathing is done with every bottle now!


I really enjoyed this wine. My first glass was a bit startling-I think I needed to let it breathe just a bit longer but once it was in my glass I really enjoyed it. It's quite a powerful Zin-and yes it is does have a spicy finish. We were trying to figure out last nite what to call the finish-I guess the winemakers know best! I was cooking a scallop stir fry and drinking this wine-The wine was definitely more powerful than the food! I enjoy a deep strong powerful Zinfandel-and this is one. But there aren't many of these since it is a small lot! I thought it was pretty yummy-and yes the bottle was finished!

Please check out the Vineyard online at http://carharttvineyard.com/index.html
or go visit them in Los Olivos, California. Carhartt Vineyards has the smallest tasting room in the state-yes it is tiny tiny tiny very quaint and unlike any other Tasting Rooms in Los Olivos , Mike Carhartt ,the owner, will actually serve you his wines! How awesome is that!I loved it!

No comments: